Green Day has been around for as long as some people can remember. The punk rock band formed in 1986 but frontman Billie Joe Armstrong is one of the worlds greatest bands. Their hit songs like American Idiot, 21 Guns, Oh Love, and When I Come Around has dominated the charts at one point.. The band included guitarist and frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, bass guitarist Mike Durnt and Drummer Tre as well as Guitarist Jason White. The band is still going strong years later and even have a new single coming out August 11 🙂
In honor that here are the top 10 green day songs in my opinion.
10) Know Your Enemy- The song was released as the first single on Green Day’s eighth studio album 21st Century Breakdown on April 16, 2009. The video was put on Youtube in January of 2013.
9) When I come Around- Released on Green Day’s third studio album called Dookie which was released in 1995. It was track 10.
8) Jesus of Suburbia- This song was released as the fifth and final single off of American Idiot which was Green day’s seventh studio album. The song is over nine minutes long so it was cut short for the radio version. The album was released in September of 2004.
7) Holiday- This song is also featured on Green Day’s seventh studio album American Idiot. This song was released as a single later in the spring of 2005. One of the bands most popular songs, still.
6) American Idiot- title song off American Idiot, this song was up for 4 Grammy Awards in 2005 🙂 and received positive reviews. It was nominated forRecord of the Year, Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, Best Rock Song, and Best Music Video. It is considered as one of the band’s signature songs.
5)Oh Love- Released as a the single from their ninth studio album Uno! on July 16 2012. Also it was played in a secret show back in 2011.
4) Good Riddance ( Time of Your Life)- Written by frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, it was written before the third album Dookie but wasn’t released until the fifth one Nimrod. Still one of the biggest songs today.
3) Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Released as a second single from American Idiot in 2004. Again it was written by Billie Joe Armstrong as the band composed it. It remains one of Green Days signature songs. As of today it still gets plenty of airplay.
2) Viva La Gloria- Song off of 21st Century Breakdown, one of the most popular songs off of the album.
1 21 Guns- Released as the second single off of their eighth album 21st century Breakdown. It was released on May 25 2009 and later sold on a CD. Still an amazing song today!